The original hall was a Church Room and paid for by the parishioners. Built in 1912, it comprised of the current hall room and stage.
After the first world war, it was re-titled “Memorial” and continues to act as a reminder for the sacrifice in two world wars and other subsequent conflicts.
In 1956 an extension was added, incorporating a kitchen, toilets and a committee room and opening up many further possibilities for usage.
The Hall Today
The Hall is now owned and run by an active committee, who ensure that it is kept in good order, and continues to reflect its importance within the community. Inside, the rooms are kept clean, well decorated and comply fully with current legislations.
The kitchen is bright and well-stocked. The hall today plays an active role within the community and is in use almost daily reflecting the varying activities in local initiatives and national clubs, sports, music and a variety of other institutes and is one of the nicest halls for hire in Mole Valley.
The Hall is available for hire and can cater for sit-down parties of up to 100 people (tables and chairs available) or 180 if standing.
Want To Book The Hall?
If you want to book the hall please visit www.capelmemorialhall.org.uk