The Weald Primary School – July 2013
We can hardly believe it, but yet another year has flown by and this academic year is drawing to close. We do though still have a few great events this month, that you would be very welcome to join us at:
- 5th Sports Day
- 11th and 12 Upper Junior Production – tickets available through the school office
- 13th Weald Fest Camping Weekend – local families welcome, but book your pitch
- 22nd Whole School Pause Day – a time to refelct and so prayer stations will be open to parents and friends before and after school.
- 23rd – Year 2’s Moving on Assembly
- 24th – Year 6’s Leaver’s Assembly
We also have our new pupils joining us for the following remaining events:
- 2nd Class Swaps – All the children going into Year 1,2,3,4,5 and 6 spend the day with their new teachers in their new classrooms.
- 12th and 19th mornings – our new reception pupils join us.
This month we say farewell not only to our current year 6 who we wish every success in their new secondary schools. but also to three members of staff:
- Mrs Hancock is retiring, and going to take a well deserved rest.
- Mr Samuel has been promoted to Head teacher of another school.
- Mr Ryan is going to devote some more of his time to his other career.
We will miss all three of them but do thank them for all they have done for our school and we wish them every success in their new roles!
As their time at The Weald draws a close, the Year 6 pupils have been reflecting on this and have shared the following thoughts.
During my time at the Weald I have really enjoyed:
- Feeling like part of a big family – Meg
- All the schools trips, especially the Year 6 Residential – Joe
- Being a part of a ‘Forest School’ project – Henry
- The literacy lessons where you get to write great stories – Aaron
When I leave I will really miss:
- All the fun times we’ve had – Lola
- The clubs – Lorna
- The teachers – Humphrey
- The butterscotch tart – Emma
These are some of those lasting memories that will no doubt remain with them as they grow older and reflect back on the happy times they have had at the Weald. We do hope they will stay in touch with us and share their successes as the move through their new schools.
Mrs Davis, Head Teacher